Don’t know how to use Apple’s New Journal App? Then don’t worry I am here to guide you. I am sure that after reading this guide you won’t need to surf more on the internet. If you have a habit of recording your daily notes, daily activities and daily achievements, then Apple has launched this journal app for you that records all your daily thoughts and activities.
We all thought that Apple would launch this New Journal App with iOS 17 along with the launch of the new iPhone 15 series but Apple brought this most awaited app with iOS 17.2. This New Journal App acts just like a diary not like a physical diary but as a digital diary that can be managed very quickly and easily.
This new journal comes with the ability to automatically include details of your day such as your daily workouts, the music you listen to the most and podcasts you played on your iPhone, messages you sent, photos and your locations. The most important thing that I find unique is that it suggests topics to write about.
How to Create First Journal Entry
Note: Users with iPhones and iPads having the latest version iOS 17.2 or later will get this New Journal App when they update their device.
Let’s begin with the basic guide on how to use and create your first journal entry. Your first step is to find and launch the journal app. When you open the journal app, you will find a ‘+’ button at the bottom. Tap on it and you will be open with a new entry. Now add some text when you are done with your entries. You can also tap on ‘New Entry’ or scroll through the suggested prompts.
In the Journal app it has the ability to add photos, videos, and audio recordings to your entries. This feature makes it easy to create multimedia entries. You will find a button at the top right that helps you to filter them based on your photos and activities.
The Journal app shows many buttons with different features when you enter the entries, you will find all of them at the top of your keyboard. Before you use them make sure to give access to these buttons they will help you add photos, take pictures, and add your location.
The Journal app has a default setting that suggests recent and recommended moments according to your activities from your last usage data and activities. You can use these as writing prompts, or you can tap ‘New Entry’ and start writing.
Disable Journaling Suggestions
- Launch Settings App.
- Scroll down and Tap to the ‘Journal’ option.
- Click on ‘Journaling Suggestions‘.
- Turn off the button ‘Skip Journaling Suggestions‘.
Lock Your New Journal App
- Open the settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll and find the journal then tap on it.
- Enter your iPhone passcode to access the journal.
- Now Find the Lock Journal and enable it if it is off.
- Click Require Passcode Now choose your preferred options: Immediately, After 1 minute, After 5 minutes, and After 15 minutes.
Set a Journaling Schedule
- Open the Settings on your device.
- Navigate to Journal > Journaling Schedule.
- Toggle the switch next to Schedule to enable it.
- A menu will appear below the Schedule providing options to set reminders.
- Choose the desired settings according to your preference.
You have learned all the basic and pro level settings and how to use Apple’s New Journal App. This is all that will help you use Apple’s New Journal App like a pro player in PUBG and Valorant.