After the successful launch of the iPhone 15 series, Apple is continuously working on iOS 17 software so that iPhone 15 users can get a better experience. Apple today released the second version of the RC version of iOS 17.1 to developers, and it has gone for testing. This Release Candidate is built with 21B77, up from 21B74. This RC version is only available for iPhone 15 models and won’t be available for download on other devices.
Only the users who have registered for the developer program will get the RC version of iOS 17.1. They can get this update on the iPhone 15 by going to Settings app > General > About Phone > tap Beta Updates > Get Update. You must use an Apple ID that is associated with the developer account to download and install. In this RC of iOS 17.1, there’s the option to favorite songs, albums, playlists, artists, and more, with favorited content added to the Library and used for suggestions. Favoriting can be done from the Lock Screen using the Now Playing widget. Plus, when starting a playlist, you’ll now see Song Suggestions.
Recently, we covered that there is a bug called the ‘iPhone Nighttime Shutdown Bug‘, and this RC of iOS 17.1 might contain the fix for it. That’s why this update is only for the iPhone 15 models.
This update also fixes the AirDrop transfer, which can now be done over the internet, and close proximity is not required. The Apple Watch with watchOS 10.1 can also use AirDrop with iPhones running iOS 17.1. New features include a flashlight indicator in the Dynamic Island for non-iPhone 15 Pro models. The iOS 17.1 release candidate is out, and the official release date is expected to be October 24.
Here’s what Apple has in the release notes for this update:
– Content continues to transfer over the internet when you step out of AirDrop range
– New options to control when the display turns off (iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPhone 15 Pro, and iPhone 15 Pro Max)
– Favorites expanded to include songs, albums, and playlists, and you can filter to display your favorites in the library
– New cover art collection offers designs that change colors to reflect the music in your playlist
– Song suggestions appear at the bottom of every playlist, making it easy to add music that matches the vibe of your playlist
This update also includes the following improvements and bug fixes:
– Option to choose a specific album to use with Photo Shuffle on the Lock Screen
– Home key support for Matter locks
– Improved reliability of Screen Time settings syncing across devices
– Fixes an issue that may cause the Significant Location privacy setting to reset when transferring an Apple Watch or pairing it for the first time
– Resolves an issue where the names of incoming callers may not appear when you are on another call
– Addresses an issue where custom and purchased ringtones may not appear as options for your text tone
– Fixes an issue that may cause the keyboard to be less responsive
– Crash detection optimizations (all iPhone 14 and iPhone 15 models)
– Fixes an issue that may cause display image persistence
Some features may not be available for all regions or on all Apple devices. For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
RC iOS 17.1 update also include the adjustment of the action button in the iPhone 15 series when click to launch the camera app.
Did you know Amazon Alexa Expands Support for Apple Podcasts? check out Alexa Support for Apple Podcasts in Over 40 Countries.